Veteran Approved Network
Policies and Procedures
By acknowledging these terms, the member applicant and the Veteran Approved Network (“VAN”), Veteran Approved Network, LLC agree to establish a non-exclusive strategic marketing agreement whereby each Party will promote the other Party’s products to its customers.
VAN’s Bylaws are public and available for review on the VAN website. By acknowledging these terms both parties in turn agree to the Bylaws governing VAN.
- LICENSES. Each Business Member grants to VAN, a non-exclusive, nontransferable, royalty free license to use trade names, trademarks, logos and service marks (collectively “Marks”) in connection with the performance of this Agreement. Each Party acknowledges that the Other Party’s Marks and any related goodwill are the sole and exclusive property of the Other Party. Each Party acknowledges that it retains ownership of all its Marks and other intellectual property rights that are licensed to it. Network acknowledges that its utilization of the Business Member’s Marks will not create in it, nor will it represent it has, any right, title or interest in or to the Business Member’s Marks other than the express and limited right to use the Business Member’s Marks on Network’s Website granted under this Agreement. Each Party agrees that it shall cease using the Other Party’s Marks immediately upon request, and in no event shall this license survive the term of this Agreement.
- TERM. The term of this Agreement shall be twelve (12) months from the Effective Date, unless terminated earlier pursuant to the provisions of this Agreement. The term of this Agreement may be renewed for an additional one-year period (the “Extension Term”), by mutual agreement of the parties.
- Network agrees to indemnify Business Member, together with the officers, directors and employees of Business Member, and defend and hold them harmless from and against all claims, losses, causes of action, liabilities, damages and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) directly arising from, incurred as a consequence of or otherwise directly attributable to any misrepresentation or breach of any representation of Network or the gross negligence of Network in providing the services.
- Business Member agrees to indemnify Network, together with the officers, directors, and employees of Network, and defend and hold them harmless from and against all claims, losses, causes of action, liabilities, damages and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) directly arising from, incurred as a consequence of or otherwise directly attributable to any misrepresentation or breach of any representation of Business Member or the gross negligence of Business Member in connection with the services being provided in this Agreement.
- FORCE MAJEURE. Neither party will be liable or responsible to the other party or be deemed to have defaulted under or breached this Agreement, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of this Agreement, when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused acts outside of reasonable control.
THE PARTIES AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL NETWORK OR BUSINESS MEMBER BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE, FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY EXPIRATION OR TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY IS ASSERTED ON THE BASIS OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY) OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF IT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL EITHER PARTY (I) BE LIABLE FOR LOST PROFITS OR LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES ARISING OUT OF THE TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT, OR (II) BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OR ALLEGED DAMAGES HEREUNDER, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, THAT EXCEED THE AMOUNTS REQUIRED TO BE PAID BY EITHER PARTY TO THE OTHER HEREUNDER.
CODE OF CONDUCT
As a Member of the Veteran Approved Network , I/we recognize that membership is a privilege and that a membership brings with it the responsibility to assure that all members understand and commit to the following Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct shall, without limitation, require members and all participants of Network-sponsored programs to:
- Abide by the Bylaws of the Veteran Approved Network for any applicable programs of the Network. The Bylaws serve as the governing document for all programs and will supersede all other documents.
- Refrain from publicly disparaging the business practices of fellow members and refrain from condoning or engaging in misrepresentation or unethical practices.
- Conduct business and professional activities in a reputable manner so as to reflect honorably upon the business and Veteran community.
- Respect the reputation, profile and status of the Veteran Approved Network, and represent the Network accordingly.
- Understand, support and promote the Mission of the Veteran Approved Network and cooperate with fellow members in the application of this Code of Conduct.
- Whenever reasonably possible, participate in the functions and activities of the Network, and promote the enhancement of business growth within the Network area.
- Observe the highest standards of ethics in rendering services and/or offering products for sale, based on the members’ own knowledge and expertise.
- Refrain from engaging in any practices prohibited by law or seeking unfair advantage over fellow members and conform to all laws established by Municipal, State and Federal governments for the control of said business, where applicable.
- Present a true presentation in all advertising. Goods and services shall be advertised in accordance with all Municipal, State and Federal legislation.
- Respect the role of the Network’s employees and Board of Directors
All applicants agree to participate in the VAN Vetting Process and understand that membership requires applicant to pass the vetting process or resolve, within 3-days of notification, any issue found that inhibits membership. It is understood that if an applicant does not pass the vetting process and/or cannot resolve the issue requirement the membership fee minus application fee of $50 will be refunded within 3-days of final denial notification.